Reason One is in search of a Technical lead with experience in Kentico Xperience, technical architecture, prototyping and specifications. .
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, the Technical Lead role includes both leadership and development responsibilities. You will guide solution architecture and work alongside other developers in a highly collaborative team environment. You will work on projects throughout their lifecycle. When they begin, you will be part of the discovery team responsible for the overall solution strategy. You will lead technical investigation, prototyping and specification. During implementation you will lead and mentor the delivery team to ensure solutions meet both internal standards and client expectations.
- Provide sales engineering support to the sales team
- Co-author project briefs with the sales and discovery team
- Define the high level solution landscape on projects and effectively communicate this with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead technical investigation and prototyping (delegate where appropriate).
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation strategies. Share risks with PMs and Clients. Ensure the client owns the solution.
- Lead the specification of solution architecture with support from other developers working on the project and ensure this is documented.
- Responsible for the overall project solution quality, budget, timelines and standards
- Work alongside the Digital Strategist in the development of project backlogs and user stories - focusing on the technical aspects of the solution
- Contribute to backlog estimation sessions and help keep planned solutions inline with project parameters (time, scope and budget) and project priorities (client and user outcomes)
- Co-author release plans and roadmaps to ensure the delivery timeline is coordinated with other concerns e.g. content entry, provision of hosting services
- Setup the development pipeline for your projects and ensure developer onboarding materials are available and kept up to date
- Provide technical leadership in all sprint rituals including:
- Helping the Digital Strategist with story splitting and refinement to keep the backlog optimized
- Collaborating with developers in the identification, estimation and assignment of sprint tasks
- Ensuring completed stories are effectively demoed to clients at the end of sprints and that all developers take part
- Develop solutions in your area of expertise (application development, front end development, full stack development)
- Schedule and lead code reviews with your team
- Ensure your solutions are tested against, and meet, explicit targets for performance, accessibility and SEO
- Define deployment procedures (both internal and client targets) and ensure your team are able to manage deployments
- Provide senior level support to developers on your team through mentoring and helping them debug issues
- Keep technical project documentation up to date
- Ensure strong team collaboration. Lead by example. Understand how the team prefers to communicate
- Minimum 5 years of professional website development experience working with our primary DXP - Kentico Xperience
- Minimum 2 years experience in a role that clearly demonstrates ownership of solution architecture and accountability in delivering the solutions you have been responsible for designing
- Deep experience with backend technologies on the Microsoft stack e.g. C#, ASP.Net MVC and ASP.Net Web Forms - and database technologies e.g. MS-SQL
- Microsoft Azure certifications: Exam AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals or Exam AZ-204: Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure
- High proficiency with Windows Server (IIS) and experience with other cloud platforms such as AWS, Rackspace Cloud etc.
- Have DevOps experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery platforms e.g. TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps, GitLab etc.
- Proven ability to deliver solutions that meet performance, accessibility and SEO targets
- Experience working with Agile practices, namely Scrum, Kanban and Scrumban
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain the technical aspects of a project to non technical people
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
A day in the life
- This is a fully remote, work from home position
- Candidates must be based in Canada, and work EST hours
- Collaborates with cross-border teams
- Professional development opportunities like conferences and continuing education including an annual training allowance
- Full benefits package includes: extended health, dental, life, long term disability, employee assistance programs and parental leave
- Paid Vacation days. 15 days per year
- Paid Sick leave. 6 days per year
- Paid Volunteer days. 2 days per year
- Work from home stipends for internet and home office expenses
- A link to your online portfolio or github account is encouraged. We want to see what you’ve got!
- You MUST be currently eligible to work in Canada. No exceptions.
- Applicants with disabilities who are qualified and selected for an interview will be accommodated upon request.
- Please, no agencies or recruiters. We’re happy with the recruiters we work with.
Picture yourself here
At Reason One, it’s our mission to help those who do good, do better. That means we seek to partner with purpose-driven brands and organizations — those who strive to change their industry or community in a positive way.
What’s it like to work at Reason One? Simply put, we work with purpose, passion, and a lot of heart. Our values guide the way we work with clients and with each other: We’re team players who deliver quality despite constraints. We’re an agency of self starters, committed to results. And above all else, we’re good humans.
We aim to create a diverse and inclusive environment where every team member feels comfortable bringing their true self to work every day. Join us!